Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wild Wild Net Bags


So here they are, "ta da!" inspired by the colors we see each week at the farmers market in our fruits and veggies and flowers. They are les fauves of produce bags....
I've been busy in my dye pots coming up with what I call a "commercially viable" colored net bag....these are my first samples. They aren't tagged and aren't set up yet, but you can get an idea of where I am going. Aren't they pretty!?
I am sticking with the same colors as the baskets; this go-around is rosey pink, sunny orange, golden yellow and combinations of those. The first ones out of the pot are a very saturated color; the last ones are much more subtle. So that in the yellow the colors go from a bright bell pepper golden yellow to pale lemon. You'll notice I carefully did not tint the French Basketeer label; that is sacrosanct.
I did some solid, some ombre like my fabulous Antibes baskets, and some combinations, like yellow and pink.
I will have these in the markets and shows this weekend, and I will feature them in Jennifer's Brentwood farmers market. I still have to work out the best way to present them. I can't wait to see what my regulars have to say! I think it's a matter of preference; I love color (obviously) but for sheets and towels, only white (Matteo linen, please). Some people will like the color, some people want unadulterated organic cotton net bags.
More on this later, wanted to get the pic up; this was late in the day and you can't fully appreciate the color.


No comments:

Post a Comment