Monday, March 15, 2010

Service Complete

If you haven't guessed, I am a consumer of French silver. I gave up on most of the American stuff a long time ago, though I still have some nice American silver. Call me a snob, or a snot, I love French silver!!

I wanted to share this set that I was watching this week; it is a COMPLETE service set; you don't see this often: asparagus, meat, lamb, salad, appetizers, salad, fish. You find these singly but hard to find the whole pattern of pieces together; this one on ebay and circa 1900; sold for around $500.

Such pretty pieces from the French silversmiths!





1 comment:

  1. I love this! I have been collecting 5 beautiful patterns that are no longer being made. all from late 1800's to early 1900's. Alvin, orange blossom, a pattern called frontenac. It all started with a meat fork in the silver plate pattern Moselle by American silver. I lOVE my silver....

    ReplyDelete