Saturday, December 28, 2013

Bonjour de Paris

Technology sure has changed the way we travel and chronicle.  Years ago I never had a camera in Paris.  Or if I did, it was a disposable one.  Over the last few years I have been devoted to my Canon Rebel.  But today, you don’t see many Rebels running around Paris.  We are all using our phones and iPads.  I have my Canon in my bag, but I admit it’s often just so much easier to use the camera phone, it’s much more clandestine, say for taking photos of someone in the thrift store or photos in the grocery store (where one is accosted and immediately reprimanded if snapping pics on a DLSR).  Even at the flea yesterday, sad to say, all images are on the camera.  Problem is, while I usually just email the pics to myself and pull them from email, for some reason that is not working.  My emails with the images I wanted to use for blogging are lost somewhere in cyberspace, for now.

But I promise you, I am in Paris. I have been to Beaune and back in the meantime, hosting a few guests and cleaning house.  And polishing copper for one full day, which sounds great but since the copper was used pretty heavily it now needs to all be cleaned again.  After New Year’s Eve it’s back to Beaune for one more week, hopefully more relaxing.

But I’m feeling a little guilty for not blogging, so here are some of the images that I have taken on the Canon.  I spent two days taking final shots for Reve, which is my #1 priority for 2014.  It feels great to have the last images I need.  The cover will change to something like this.  IMG_2306

I can’t get enough of the Eiffel Tower, and while the trip last spring was a mad dash across all parts of the city, this trip is a little more relaxed and I have been photographing her daily from every angle.

IMG_2309

I also took more shots in the Louvre, and spent more time in the Napoleon III apartments.  What, you haven’t been?  You must go next time.  This is just the entry.

IMG_2335

These are some of the largest chandeliers you have ever seen.  Major, serious, massive chandeliers.

IMG_2336

The Grand Salon has five chandeliers, one in the center that looks to be 10+ feet wide, and four other smaller ones, in each corner of the room.  And then there are the sconces you see on the wall here.  Those are as big as many small chandeliers.  The lights are not on in the center fixture; I’d love to see it lit. 

IMG_2344

The dining room seats 46 if I counted right, with beautiful leather tufted chairs and one long white linen cloth to cover the table.  This room has three magnificent chandeliers.

IMG_2346

This morning I am off to the Marche Biologique or Organic Market on Boulevard Raspail, then to the Bastille Market.  Then to Notre Dame for mass and a full day of cruising Paris for anything I find that is interesting.  And if I can, I will find a tether for my phone.  Yesterday I was at the flea and my favorite market in the 16th on Avenue President Wilson.  All on the phone.  But be patient, I’ll figure a way to show them to you.  Meanwhile enjoy the little glimpse of the Tour Eiffel and the Louvre.

Bon Dimanche a tous~

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Andrea! Enjoy the rest of your trip. I will be looking forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing the wonder and beauty that is Paris with us,Andrea. Have a wonderful celebration of the New Year and here's to a wonderful 2014. Xo Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish to travel there one day! Lovely photos from your travels.

    ReplyDelete